Bulgaria Visa Requirements
APPLICANTS FOR ALL TYPES OF VISAS SCHOULD APPLY for interview personally – AT LEAST 10 DAYS BEFORE THE TRIP.
Filled in with clear eligible block letters.
- Valid passport-not less than 6 months, One passport photo /not older than 3 months.
- Travel Insurance Certificate issued by an EU-recognized Insurance company for a cover of not less than 30 000 euro if needed for repatriation, emergency medical case or emergency medical treatment during the period of stay in Bulgaria - must be presented before issuing the visa.
- Copies of all original documents ( passport, invitation, travel insurance etc.) should be prepared in advance and submitted during the interview at the Visa Section.
Additional documentation is required to be attached to the Visa Application form as follows:
PRIVATE OR TOURIST VISITS:
- Original invitation from the Bulgarian host, legalized by the Local Office of the Interior Bulgarian Ministry /Immigration office.
- Letter of introduction from the company or Institution.
- Flight and accommodation arrangements for trip ( booking or reservation) if not covered by the hosts. Travel insurance certificate from the recognized companies or travel agents.
- Proof of the financial status - updated statement of account for the last 3 months.
- Tourists do not need the invitation from the Bulgarian hosts but flight and accommodation reservations, travel insurance certificate from the recognized companies or travel agents, proof of the financial status - updated statement of account for the last 3 months, property docuements etc.
- Consular officer may require additional documentation if necessary .
- Original invitation from the Bulgarian counterpart, legalized by the Local Office of the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior /Immigration Office/
- Proof of accommodation if not provide by the business partners
- Letter of introduction from your company or Institution.
- Documents of the financial status and commercial activities of the company/registration, bank accounts, tax clearance certificate, delivery documents, invoices, etc./.
- Flight and accommodation arrangements for the trip (booking or reservation) if not covered by the hosts.
- Consular officer may require additional documentation if necessary.
“D”-type VISA - long-stay / a.marriages /:
- Original of the Bulgarian marriage certificate, invitation or declaration from the spouse in Bulgaria (certified at the police or notary public in Bulgaria)
- Police character certificate, legalized by the Nigerian Foreign Ministry.
- Proof of financial sustainability and accommodation in Bulgaria (notarized declaration or letter form the spouse)
- Consular officer may require additional documentation if necessary,
“D”-type VISA - long-stay / .students/:
- Admission letter from the Ministry of Education or University in Bulgaria.
- Police character certificate confirming clean criminal records or conviction. Issued by the Justice Ministry or Police. Legalized by the Nigerian Foreign Ministry.
- Original documents of property and financial status of person/company that will pay the education fees and a certified declaration that he/she/ will undertake all the allowances and expenses of the student – originals Legalized by the Foreign Ministry.
- The reservation or arrangements for the student’s accommodation - hostel (confirmation letter form the University), private apartments ( agreement with the landlord).
- Two passport photos and not older than 3 months.
- One copy of the passport
Bulgaria Embassies and High commission in Nigeria
Embassy of the republic of Bulgaria
10, Euphrates Street, Off Aminu Kano Crescent Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria